A Place for All Creatures Great and Small
The RSPCA South Australia Animal Care Campus will comprise a number of buildings and wings:
- a public wing, with an education centre and an adoption centre
- the veterinary spaces, incorporating both the companion animal and wildlife veterinary clinics
- new accommodation facilities for companion animals, comprising separate wings with environment-controlled enclosures for dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and other companion animals
- a utilities wing, with storage, maintenance and laundry facilities
- an administration wing, centralizing RSPCA South Australia's rescue, animal welfare inspectorate and volunteer services.
The architectural style will be single storey and low impact, designed to blend with the natural environment of the park.
All structures will incorporate sustainable features that minimise their impact on the environment, with attractive landscaping using native flora that supports bird-life.